Two things that I love – travel in Europe, and YA novels. Here are ten books that include both:
1. Small Damages by Beth Kephart
A high-achieving teen, who winds up pregnant, is sent by her mother to Seville to secretly have her baby and give it up for adoption, but she starts to have other ideas.
2. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Thanks to her time-traveler boyfriend Bennet, Anna gets to go to Italy, Thailand and other fun places without even trying.
3. The White Bicycle by Beverley Brenna
Taylor Jane Simon, a teen with Asperger’s Syndrome goes to the South of France with her Mom.
5. Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson
A high school drama club goes to Italy! Gelato! A hot guy named Giacomo! Romance! Plus, great writing!
6. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Sort of like that movie Before Sunset, but in Paris, with an American high school student and a Dutch guy.
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
A fun romance set in an international school in Paris. But you probably already know about this one…
8. Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
Art! Italy! Hot Italian guys!
9. Westminster Abby by Micol Ostow
From the Students Across the Seven Seas series, feauturing teens on foreign study. American Abby goes to London!
10. Gadget Girl: The Art of Being Invisible by Suzanne Kamata
Paris! Art! Manga! My YA debut!
Anything you’d like to add to this list?