I’ve been tagged by Kate over at Expat Mama to come up with five things I love about being a mom, so here goes (in no particular order):
1. My kids make me laugh. Especially my daughter. Ever since she was a tiny baby, she’s had this incredibly infectious laugh, and now every day she does something nutty or funny. She has a great sense of humor. Thanks to her, I laugh every day.
2. They provide reason for celebration. Every time they learn something new, every time they draw a picture, or come up with an interesting observation, every time they bring home a report card, or are appointed class leader, or hit a baseball, we have something to celebrate. Just the other day, my son came home beaming because his music teacher told him that he has a beautiful voice – another reason to celebrate.
3. They allow me to revist my childhood. I love watching my daughter dress her dolls in the clothes that my dolls wore. I love re-reading the books that I enjoyed in childhood with them.
4. They make me feel young. Although I am old enough to have college-aged children, having young kids makes me feel at least a decade younger.
5. They’re always happy to see me when I come home. There are hugs and kisses, even if I’ve only been gone for a couple of hours.