Today is Blogging Against Disablism Day (or something like that). In honor of the occasion, here are ten things that my seven-year-old daughter can do:
1. She can write the Chinese characters for “spring wind.”
2. She can do a somersault.
3. She can throw a baseball hard and straight.
4. She can write her name in English and Japanese and can also finger-spell it.
5. She can take photos and make movies with my cell phone (and also other functions that I haven’t figured out yet.)
6. She can break an egg into a bowl without getting any shell in.
7. She can tie her shoes.
8. She can use chopsticks well and has been able to since she was about three.
9. She can remember all of her lines from her school play a year and a half ago.
10. She can give me directions to her aunt’s house.