Thanksgiving doesn’t happen around here unless I manage to order a turkey from the Foreign Buyer’s Club and dig up my pilgrim centerpiece. Like anyone cares (except for me). This year I didn’t manage to pull it off, but, in the spirit of the season, here are ten things that I’m thankful for:
1. Everyone in my family is healthy (although Yoshi got hit in the head with a baseball today and is wearing a plaster).
2. Beacon Press is going to publish my anthology.
3. Lilia can now do her math homework on her own, more or less.
4. Jio has started to read in English.
5. The Democrats kicked ass in the election.
6. I have a job that I enjoy, part time though it may be.
7. I have Internet access.
8. I am involved with Literary Mama.
9. I have good friends.
10. My mother-in-law has a new pastime (pyramid sales).